14 March 2014

A3 Illustration and Final Evalution

My A3 illustration for my portfolio

From researching depth into British clothing and Menswear history, looking trends from different sources such as vintage, street style and contemporary designers I have used my inspiration from all those sources to created my design ideas which are all reflected well. As I have many different designs that I like I have chosen the best 13 designs to look at and used for my line up and have created technical drawing for all of those designs this has leads me to choose my final design to go through to my pattern cutting and manufacturing lessons. I think my final design chosen is representing my chosen theme of Car Racing well and reflected my research of vintage clothing using cape style, as well as the colour chosen are an up coming trend for AW14/15. The ideal of choosing and looking at fabrics to use for my jacket was quite a hard decision for me as there were less of natural materials that I could easily looked at in the fabric store but I have also looked at stuff like Harris Tweed, wool, cotton as well as sports fabric which I think I will be looking at using some sort of thick cotton, wool for my jacket and sports fabric for my lining.

Throughout Made In Britain assignment I have creatively used a combination techniques such as hand drawing, painting, collaging and digital (Photoshop) from looking and using inspiration I have looked at on my Pinterest page. After choosing my final design I then moved on to research in men's bags which is an accessory that I will create to go along with my jacket. I have researched and look depth into different sources of bags and ideas to create my final design. After created my final design and created samples I have made my final bag but I have change few details on my bag as there were less time for me.

I think If I have more time to change anything within this assignment I would only change my final of my bag by spending more time them and use more techniques as well as creating my final illustration in A3 for my portfolio  using more techniques and more details which I will bring my creativeity through to create my final illustration on an A2.

No comments:

Post a Comment